Search This Blog

Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Countdown Has Begun!

Hi again!  As I mentioned last time, last week I was able to wrap up a case that has been taking over my life for the past month...so now it's time to have a little fun before the time comes to buckle down for exams :(  

This past weekend was chocked full of fun - between dinners, dancing, and kickball, the weekend flew by way too quickly!  To kick things off, I organized a happy hour with my fellow summer associates/soon to be first year associates to catch up and get excited for our post-grad life :)  After that, Seth and I met two of our friends for dinner and drinks at Sixth Engine, this cool new place in Chinatown that we've been wanting to try for a while...YUM!  Sometimes I wish D.C. wasn't such a foodie city...but then again, I'm glad it is :)

Sheila, Bee, me, & Sethy at Sixth Engine.

Saturday I spent most of my day working on a paper, but wrapped up in time to get ready for the last house party we will have before law school is done and some of our friends head off on their next journey :(  It was a great time, which ended in a trip downtown for dancing and jumbo slice :)

Grace (a friend from BYU in DC) and me.

V, me, & Audrey at the Brixton.
After a long night of fun, the sun finished rising and so did I :)  Sunday is kickball day after all, and I'm the co-chair of our service committee so I had to make an appearance.  This week we hosted a charity brunch and were able to raise more than $600 for the DC Center, our local LGBT resource center.  After brunch we had a good game (I even scored), but unfortunately we lost because the game got called for time before the bottom of the last inning when we were up - so unfair!  Oh well, there's always next week!

I swear, I made that catch.

Seth & Maggie were tuckered out from the weekend :)
After a great weekend, we started off this week with the sad news coming out of Boston...it's times like these that remind us just how fragile life can be and how grateful we should be for the small things!  In fact, while not related to the tragedy in Boston, I left my house on Tuesday morning to find U.S. military tanks being transported north via the train tracks and it really made me think just how lucky we are to live in a free country that is so resilient and united...may God bless Boston and the rest of our country now and forever!

A tank at Fort Totten.

The caravan of tanks was headed north.
To end on a more positive note, I officially have only two weeks before I submit my LAST law school exam and we are 31 days away from graduation...the big day is coming and I can't wait!  :)  More to come next time, but much love until then!

No comments: