Search This Blog

Monday, November 5, 2012

A High Heel Hoopla

I can't believe another week has gone by and we are now in November...a great month, if I do say so myself :)  Luckily for us, the weather at week's end was much better than at the start and things are back to normal in the D.C. area.  In fact, thanks to the ugly weather, quite a few plans got shifted around, including one of D.C.'s most treasured events...the 25th Annual High Heel Race!!!  For those who aren't familiar, each year in DuPont Circle, thousands of people gather to watch local guys sprint a quarter of a mile in high heels (which have to be at least 2 inches!) down 17th Street.  The event is always at Halloween and raises money for historic preservation...plus, it's really fun :)

This year, I decided to enter (as Little Red Riding Hood hehe) and had a blast!  Seth, Brooke, and I met some friends for a pre-party before the big event...and, not to brag or anything, but I crushed the competition.  There were probably a few hundred runners, and I came in about 10th place :)

Quite the crowd...so much fun!!!

Brooke, Me, and Seth post-race.
 The rest of the weekend was fairly low key: date night on Friday and movie night with Emily and Veronica on Saturday.  The rest of the time we spent doing school/work stuff and enjoyed some R&R....hooray!

Seth and the girls...they love Daddy Seth :)
Well, that's about all we've got for now...but I look forward to a post-election Blog next week - and hopefully it will be a happy post!!! :)  Love you all - now get out and VOTE...and may the best man win!

2 comments:

Bunnie said...

Love the high heel race. What fun!

I'm trying to get a hold of Seth. Could you have him call his Aunt Bunnie? Thanks.

Brandon Román said...

:) Thanks! I will let him know you called!