Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Just Another Weekend in the Big Apple

Phfew...safely home from NYC and still on the process of recuperating from another whirlwind weekend!  As I mentioned last time, our friend Tensie had asked us to go with her to New York to meet her friend who was in town from Ecuador...and how could we say no to a trip to NYC?!  So, after a busy week of trying to get ahead, we packed up and headed for the Big Apple for a fun (and tiring!) weekend!

The hotel lobby...fancy schmancy!  I LOVE booking with Jetsetter!!!

Tensie felt so glammy glam in the room :)

How much is that doggie in the window? Woof woof :)
After getting settled in, we headed to Little Italy for a nice dinner at Il Benito 1...we went to #2 last time, but it was closed...so we tried the original...and it was just as good :)  In fact, we got to meet Il Benito in the flesh...and he had a crush on Tensie ;)  After stuffing ourselves full, we headed uptown to Hell's Kitchen to meet Chris, a friend of ours from Utah who now lives in NYC.  What was supposed to be a low key night somehow ended up in a night out that lasted until almost 5:00AM...but it was so much fun that I didn't mind missing the sleep...until reality hit today :-P

Tensie and Il Benito.

Seth, me, & Tensie at Il Benito 1.

Chris, Seth, and me at Penthaus kicking off the night!
 After a few (emphasis on FEW) hours of sleep, we got up and ordered some room service before heading to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to meet Tensie's friend Karla.  After walking around for a bit, everyone was so tired that we called it an early day and headed home (via shopping, of course) for a nap before another night in the city.  Saturday we met Kristin (Brooke's cousin) and Rob (on a side note, they are getting married in June and I'm in the wedding...so excited!) for dinner at Breeze, our favorite Thai place just off of Time's Square (it's good food and inexpensive!).  After a nice dinner, went out for some fun playing pool and dancing up a storm!  Eventually, the lack of sleep caught up with us and we decided to call it a night and headed back to the hotel...again, not enough sleep, but I guess New York IS the city that never sleeps...

Tensie and Seth as totempolls...they are so artistic!

Tensie, Kristin, Rob, me, & Seth at Breeze.

I tried to be a pool shark...and failed :)

Me, Kristin, Tensie, & Rob wrapping up the night!
To end a wonderful weekend, Seth, Tensie, and I grabbed a nice lunch and bought tickets to see "Nice Work If You Can Get It" starring Matthew Broderick.  It's a musical comedy set in the prohibition era and I really enjoyed it...although it's Broadway, so I'm not too surprised :)  Then, before we knew it, we were back in the car and headed south to D.C...and although I was sad to leave, I was also SO happy to crawl into my bed and get some shuteye!  

Times Square in the day...

and Times Square at night :)
Well, that's about all for now!  I'm exhausted and need to get some rest before another busy day!  Oh, but before I forget (and for those of you who I haven't already told), I'm heading to El Salvador in two weeks as part of an opportunity I received through my school.  I'll be working in a clinic and helping with the country's first conference on LGBT/human rights....SO EXCITED!!!  But there's plenty of time to tell you more about that soon...so without further adieu, adios :)  

1 comment:

Munchy's Mama said...

I feel like I need to grab a cup of coffee just to finish that post--boy you boys are busy. Looks like fun.

El Salvador?? Oh my!

Love you!