Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

St. Patty's Day Comes Early

Hi again!  Sorry this is delayed...as you will see, the weekend was a bit too busy to get this done on time :)  In fact, things kicked off earlier than usual, as Matt (Emily's boyfriend) and his band performed at Mason Inn for our post-kickball victory party!  Check out the video below for a preview...

Matt and his band, Rounding Down!

On Friday we were too pooped from a busy week to do much, but I guess we needed our rest for Saturday :) Our friends Emily, Patrick, and Michelle are all alumni of the University of Illinois and every year they and their fellow alumni host "unofficial," a pre-St. Patrick's Day pub crawl...and this year we attended as honorary alumns :)  It was a blast, starting with a yummy lunch and lasting all day: fun, friends, and even a game of shuffleboard...hooray!

Cheesesteak from Taylor Gourmet - YUM!

Seth, me, and Em at a St. Patty's Day Pub-Crawl!

Me outside my childhood fav: New Big Wong :)
After a good night's rest, it was up and at 'em on Sunday for kickball practice.  I'm playing in an LGBT spring league with some friends and our team is tons of fun, so I'm really looking forward to it!  Although practice shows we still have a bit of work to do before the season, I think we will be pretty good...or at least I hope so :)  

Post-kickball I hurried off to Maria and Jay's to meet Dad, Seth, and the rest of the fam to celebrate Tita's birthday.  For those who don't remember, Tita had a stroke a few months back, but I'm happy to report that she is doing great and as fun loving as ever :)  

The fam celebrating Tita's birthday with dinner at Maria's.

Happy Birthday, Tita!
After a busy weekend, I'm happy to report that the week is off to a good start: wrapping things up before Spring Break, a visit to the law school from President Carter, AND a SNOW DAY (today!)!!!  Couldn't ask for anything more :)  In all seriousness, I'm one lucky boy and grateful most of all for my family and friends...in other words - I'm thankful for YOU!!!

President Carter pays a visit to WCL.
Well, that's about all for now - it's time to get ready and head with Seth and the pups down to Alexandria for a snow day with friends!!!  I'm going to enjoy this last bit of winter, as 72-hours from now I'll be in El Salvador...with much more to come :)

No comments: