Search This Blog

Monday, October 8, 2012

Visitors Galore!

Hey there everybody!  Sure hope you all had a wonderful week and are happy, healthy, and loving life :)  This past (long) weekend, we were luck enough to be able to spend time with TWO out-of-towners! My friend, Samantha, who worked with me as a Field Rep. in the 2008 Election was in town this weekend (got in Wednesday) for a conference and stayed at Hotel Seth & Brandon during her stay - and boy did we have fun catching up: hooka, drinks, eating...couldn't have had a been better time!  Also making a guest appearance this week, Jacob Bowman, one of my closest friends from my mission.  He was in town for a work conference (he works for the VA) and had some time to meet us for dinner...gotta love living in D.C. :)

Jacob and Me...a.k.a. Bo and Ro!

Tensie (not a visitor!) and Me...two Puerto Rican beauties :)

Me, Seth, Tensie, Jared, and Sam at Capitol Lounge.

Seth and Brooke were tired...but the hooka at Gazuza was worth it !

Sam and I were joking that apparently we only see each other in election/Olympic years...so in honor of that, we enjoyed some of the sights tonight before Sam headed home.  In fact, as you will see below, not only is D.C. a great place for visitors, but it is also a great place to live in that it reminds you what a great country we live in!  God Bless America :)

Seth, Same, and I checking out the newly renovated reflection pool.

The Washington Monument at night...BEAUTIFUL!

Sam showing of her Abe tattoo at the Lincoln Memorial.

Well folks, thats all for now, but I'm sure we will have more to share next week...but until then, much love and many hugs <3 nbsp="nbsp">

PS: One last thing of note: a big CONGRATS to Judge Alquist (the Judge I externed for my first summer) who was just elevated to Chief Justice of the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland...amazing!  So glad I got to be a part of the ceremony this week and couldn't be happier for her :)

No comments: