Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mista Seth!


Hey there again!  I can’t believe yet another week is done, but I sure am glad the weeks are passing by, especially because that means that finals are almost here a.k.a. the sooner they’re here, the sooner they’re done (and summer is just around the corner)!  Last week was busy as per usual, but it was also pretty fun…especially since the week ended with a Birthday celebration for Mista Seth…but first things first!

One of the cool things about going to school/working/living in D.C. is that our area is the focal point of many news stories.  Last week, for example, was the Obamacare debate at the Supreme Court and many protests ensued as a result.  Despite living only several miles from all of this craziness, Seth and I often forget that so much happens right in our back yard!  In fact, the only reason I remembered at all (other than the fact that it’s the only thing on the news these days) is that I happened to walk by the Supreme Court on my way to a briefing at the Capitol that I attended for work.  This all happened on day three of oral arguments, but it was still a madhouse on both sides of the aisle!  In fact, this may be the most monumental Supreme Court decision of my lifetime, so (especially because I am lucky enough to be in law school while it’s ongoing) I am really intrigued to see how it all turns out…but don’t hold your breath until they make a decision in June, because that’s a long ways away J

Outside the Supreme Court...protestors and all!
Another highlight of last week: puppies!  Now before Mom and Dad read this and have a heart attack, let me preface by saying that we did not get a new addition…although I thought about it J  But, as for the puppies, last week was Health and Wellness Week at school and we had a lot of programs, activities, etc… to promote health and wellness…including these cute little puppies that were there to melt our hearts and help us forget about the stress of law school, even if it were just for a few minutes…and let me just say – it worked! 

Puppies Part 1 

Puppies Part 2
Other than the rigorous routine, there wasn’t too much else on that end (with the exception of interviewing potential candidates to be our junior Dean’s Fellows next year…for 12 hours)…but, as I said earlier, Thursday was Seth’s birthday a.k.a. a weekend chocked-full of celebrations J  Between two dinners, a pamper day with a massage, haircut, and relaxation, and a pumpin joint-Birthday party for Seth and our friend Audrey, Seth got a ton of birthday love and attention…and he deserved every bit of it!  And the birthday celebrations are not over – next weekend is his family celebration with the VA fam J

A mini cake for Mega Seth :)

My job: cutting the cake!

Happy Birthday to Audrey and Seth!

Tensie and Seth...celebrating!
To wrap up the week, our friend Daniel came over to study/unwind with us and our favorite Sunday shows!  I can’t believe there are only TWO more episodes of Desperate Housewives until the series finale – I’m heartbroken!  Hopefully I’ve learned enough how to fill that role one day in case being an attorney doesn’t work out J  But, until then, it’s back to the books!  Much love and tons of hugs to you until next time!

No comments: