Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

2 Weeks and Many Miles Later

Howdy y'all!  It's been a busy/crazy couple of weeks, so I'm gonna try to fit it all into one Blog post :)

As school winds down, exam prep is ramping up and the real studying begins!  Luckily for me my Mondays and Wednesdays are now free since I am officially finished working at HRC.  As a matter of fact, my supervising attorneys actually threw a farewell party for me and the other law fellow to bid us adieu - it was very sweet of them!  With one job done, I'm also making sure to seek the advice all of the wonderful attorneys at Patton Boggs (the firm where I will be working this summer) as I prepare to (hopefully!) make a great impression and do good work!

In addition to the regular hoopla, it's been a month of birthdays!  As I mentioned last week, Seth turned the big 2-6 and we have been celebrating ever since :)  The weekend after his birthday, the festivities continued and we had a celebration with the VA fam: lunch, shopping, and cake!  As soon as that hullaballoo was done, we ran back to the city to host a pre-party for our friend Daniel's birthday and then headed out for his party...which consisted of a stretch Hummer limo that took us around the town...TOO much fun!  In fact, we had so much fun that we followed it up with brunch on Sunday...amazing!!!

Tensie and I at Matchbox

Seth and his 3rd (yes third!) Birthday cake!!!

In the stretch Hummer...good times!

This was the BEST Drag Queen Brunch yet!
Also, for those of you who aren't aware, this past weekend my friend Jen and I ran in the Bull Run 50-Miler (yes, as in five-zero!)  Jen flew in from Florida on Friday morning and boy was it an adventure.  We spent Friday getting prepared for the race (yay for an excuse to eat tons of carbs!) and then got up at 4:30 AM on Saturday to make the drive to the trail!  Unfortunately for me, I hadn't had time to really get in the proper training...so I decided to stop around mile 30 :(  Fortunately for Jen, she had trained a little better and finished ALL FIFTY MILES!!!  To reward ourselves: Cici's all-you-can-eat pizza and Sunday brunch with the friends (all of whom came to cheer us on at the race!)  But don't worry, Jen and I are already searching out our next 50-miler...and who knows, maybe we will decide to run a 100-miler next :)

Our numbers for the Bull Run

Look at al the supplies you need for this race!

Me and Jen before the race (and so much happier haha!)
Well, between the studying (I promise, that is really what I do most...it's just no fun to read about), fun, and racing, I think that's about all I have the time and energy to write about :)  Until the next time (which might be a while since I'm about to be really boring for a few weeks!), much love and a bazilion hugs!


No comments: