Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's Been a Marathon of a Week

Heyyyyyy!!!  What a loooong and busy week and a half it's been since I was last here...but luckily the week is almost done (Thursdays are my Fridays hehe!) and I've got time to catch you all up :)

First of all, school has been soooo time consuming lately (more than usual), but its actually a GOOD thing!  My LAST legal writing assignment just got turned in yesterday and I have been interviewing like crazy trying to get things lined up for Fall...and so far, so good!  I interviewed with Judge Laura Cordero (a referral from Maria) and was offered a judicial internship with her at the DC Superior Court this Fall...hooray!  Also, I'm in the final round of interviews to be a Dean's Fellow (kind of like an assistant to the Dean and mentor for next year's new students) next Fall.  I've been so lucky and blessed to have lined up such great opportunities...so I decided to give back :)  We have a charity auction at school every year, so Seth and I went and got some cool stuff (comedy tickets, boxing lessons, and personal training sessions) in exchange for a donation that goes to help provide scholarships for students to provide legal services to those in need!  Oh, and did I mention that I also gave back by lending my face to a photo shoot for our school's "Prospective Student" literature :-D

Speaking of a marathon week, Seth and I celebrated our TWO YEAR anniversary by running the SunTrust National Marathon!!!  Since we've both been so busy between work and school, neither of us had really properly trained for the full marathon.  Being a SANE and reasonable person, Seth decided just to run the half marathon...and come the end of mile 26.2, I was wishin I had done the same thing haha!  Even though I walked like an old man for two days, I'm glad we did it and am ready to pick out our next race!

Me and Seth (with our medals) post-marathon
After the race, Seth and I headed home for a much needed nap before heading down to Fredericksburg to celebrate Seth's Birthday with the folks :) First things first, however, Seth and I met one of my oldest friends, Liz, for her birthday celebration at our favorite Mexican restaurant.  Fun times but, given the state of my body after the marathon, we didn't stay too long haha!  While we were gone, Grandma Roman babysat her one and only granddaughter, Honey Child!  Mom tries to pretend it stresses her out to watch her, but we know better ;)  Anyway, on Sunday we got up and headed to lunch at La Pizzeria for some pizza, presents, and cupcakes for Seth's 25th (aka quarter of a century) birthday!

Seth, Liz, & Me at Cancun Margarita Grill in the 'Burg
Although the beginning of the week has been just as crazy as can be, we still made time to enjoy Seth's actual birthday with a nice dinner and a Skype session with the Utah fam...some of who will be here in SIX DAYS!!!  Yay!  Anyway, it's late and time to get some shuteye, but I just wanted to take one quick second to thank you all for being part of our lives...we are so lucky and blessed and are grateful for each and every one of you...WE LOVE YOU!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy to hear you are doing so well! Congratulations on everything! You are busier than me, and I have three kids AND work! Good luck and best wishes!
Kim Beery-Stone

Munchy's Mama said...

I'm exhausted just reading about it. Still can't believe you ran a freakin' MARATHON--especially when you live one! Wow.

4 days!!!!!

Julie said...

Congrats on the internship, Brandon! That's awesome ( :

Comedy said...

Congrates!
Comedy Tickets NYC