Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sometimes I Wish I Were A Party Planner

Why hellooooo there!  Tis the end of another weekend, and this one is coming to a close quicker than I want it too (especially thanks to a little thing called Daylight Savings!)  Anyway, this past week has been Spring Break...but it hasn't been a break at all...I actually think I have been busier this week than when I'm actually in school.  It's funny because when we got in the car yesterday, Seth asked me why the drivers seat was so far back and, after thinking about it, I realized I hadn't left the house (via the car anyway) since the weekend before when Seth drove home from National Harbor...I have spent pretty much all day, every day writing my Note for the Journal Competition.  Now, while I really have absolutely ZERO desire to actually be on one of our school's journals, it is considered an honor and employers look highly on those who participate so, thanks to our friend the economy, I am doing everything (including journal) to be as competitive as possible!  At least the assigned topic was interesting: constitutional or not - the memorial crosses on Utah roadsides.  I just can't get enough of UTAH :)

Last week :)

This week...I think there is a common theme :)

Anyway, enough about school...let's get real...it was Spring Break so, although I did spend all DAY in the house, most NIGHTS were pretty fun :)  Between Mardi Gras festivities on Tuesday, a networking event (with free, open bar) on Thursday, and a wonderful date night of a three course meal and wine pairings at a Greek restaurant downtown on Friday (courtesy of Seth's hard work for getting a bonus in the form of a gift card), it was actually quite a good balance of work and play!


Em and I eating some gumbo for Mardi Gras!

This weekend has been good so far too...got a lot done and gearing up for the last two months before SUMMER :)  Not that I'm counting ;)  Between the usual weekend chores, wedding stuff, and school, I'm freaking wiped...but not wiped enough to cancel our get together last night with Seth's friends from college!  I swear, I sometimes think I should have been an event planner and saved all these student loans :)

Seth and Honey are my two bundles of joy :)  Seth had a crazy busy week at work getting stuff ready to send to the printer (his company publishes visitors guides for DC) but he got it done in Mega-Seth style!  We are both excited (and yes, COUNTING the days) for Jack, Mindy, and Evie's visit (less than a month!)  Honey can't wait to meet them either!  Speaking of Honey, she still loves her new home :)  Her nickname is Diva because, well, she's a DIVA!  Yesterday, we took her to Petsmart to get her nails trimmed and, when we walked in, the groomer gave us our money back because she said Honey wasn't having any part of it :-P  Now I know what parents feel like when their kids misbehave haha!  Oh Honey :)

1 comment:

Munchy's Mama said...

Actually, event planning would be a great Plan B...You'd be amazing. Hell, you're amazing at everything(-:

counting down the days....