Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Congratulations, Chrys!!!


Hi again!  I can’t believe that summer is officially here and my first day of work is tomorrow – time sure flies when you’re having fun!  In fact, I had so much fun playing housewife that I told Seth I could get used to it and threatened to make it a reality J  The week was busy with errands and playing catch up from a month of letting things fall by the wayside during exams, but I did have some time to sit on the couch, prop my feet up, all while drinking my morning cup of Joe and watching Live with Kelly J 

I digress.  This weekend was a fun, whirlwind of a weekend in Ohio!  Friday I got up and packed our bags so that we were ready to roll when Seth got off work and then met my friend Cody for lunch (he actually housesat for us over the weekend).   After lunch and window shopping, Cody dropped me off at Bethesda Row Mall where I got in line to have Andy Cohen (from Bravo/Real Housewives series) sign his new book.  I met Andy at the GLAAD Awards last year, but my cousin Chrys (the graduate of honor this weekend!) also really likes him, so I got a book signed for her for her present J  And a bonus: some of the DC housewives were there to greet us (I’m so sad they got cancelled because I would have totally wormed my way into the show hehe)

Me and Cody

Me and Andy Cohen

Once the book was in hand, Seth and I headed off on the drive to Ohio and made it safely to our hotel in time to get just enough rest to keep us going for graduation day!  Chrys, who graduated with her Master’s in Organizational Leadership, was a happy camper and got extra applause from her fan club as she crossed the stage (congrats, Cous!!!)  After graduation, we all went to lunch at this deee-lish Italian place nearby and then headed back to Chrys and Tom’s for some family time (accompanied by piano/singing performances by Riley, Chrys’ daughter).  After some ice cream and leftovers, we headed back to the hotel to get some much needed rest!

Chrys crossing the stage at Lourdes to get her diploma.

Carol, Chrys, and Riley

Chrys loved her book - yay!

This morning, we met the fam at Mayberry diner (yes, like Andy Griffith Mayberry, and boy are there similarities!) for a late breakfast and some goodbyes.  As we were leaving, someone must really have wanted us to stay, because we had a little fender bender with Mom’s car  J  Luckily, we were parked and there wasn’t any major damage….but it sure was worth a good laugh…which lasted for the first few hours of the trip home hehehe!


Now we’re home sweet home and it’s time for bed…I have a long first day ahead of me tomorrow…wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Munchy's Mama said...

BEST of luck tomorrow, sweetheart!

And congrats Chrys!!