Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

You Win Some, You Lose Some...AND You Win Some!

Howdy ya'll :) Well, this has been quite an interesting week!  First of all, in case you hadn't heard, the East Coast got POUNDED by winter weather!  In DC, it only takes a little bit of snow to wreak havoc, so needless to say with a mini-blizzard that poured 5 inches in a couple of hours, the city was in disarray!  On Wednesday, class got canceled due to the storm and same for Thursday classes...which would normally be A-OK with me BUT in law school, you have to make up EVERY missed class, so it's likely that some of these classes will have to be made up on a Saturday :(  Oh well, I enjoyed the snow day nonetheless!  Guess I should just count my blessings that it only took me 2 hours to go 4 miles instead of being like my Aunt Carol and Uncle Skeeter who took about 9 - 10 hours to get home...CRAZY!  Luckily, everyone made it safe and the weather has chilled out and we can all enjoy making snowman (see below plus there was even a barista snowman outside Starbucks!)  Seth even got the day off on Thursday and went into school with me (since our power was out for a bit!) and enjoyed a fun day kicking it with us boring law students :)

Tenley Circle Snowman with an orange cone on his head!

Anyway, aside from a fairly lazy weekend, a few updates on school stuff.  This weekend, I participated in the 1L Mock Trial Closing Argument Competition.  It isn't actually trying out for the team yet, just an opportunity to practice and get ready for tryouts.  I gave my argument on Saturday and, while I didn't win, I did get a lot of good feedback and felt encouraged to tryout in March :)  I was glad I did it and, as soon as I walked out, I got a call saying I had been accepted to write on the Legislation & Policy Brief at school.  It's a great opportunity to start writing and getting some of my work published, so I'm excited!  To boot, I found out that I have made it into the final round of interviews for this amazing judicial internship program and have a training this Tuesday with an interview in the coming weeks...so keep your fingers crossed!  Anyway, not much else going on right now, although I am sure that the coming weeks will bring us (and hopefully you too) lots of good news and new adventures ;)  MUCH more to come SOON...love you all!

No comments: