Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!

What a weekend!!!  Seth got off early on Wednesday and Thanksgiving officially began with making some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and cranberry sauce!  Spent the evening (and pretty much most of the weekend) chillin and relaxing and enjoying our time together :)  Got up on Thursday, made some baked mac'n'cheese, and went to pick up Andre at the airport to head down to Mom's for a gluttonous Thanksgiving meal!  Turkey, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, green bean casserole, sweet potato pie, cranberry sauce and stuffing, rolls, cake, pie, and cookies...yeah, and only 5 of us to eat it all!!!

Yeah, this about says it all...Dad resting up after the meal!!!
Anyway, had a really nice weekend with the fam (and some good Thanksgiving Skype action with the Utah fam!) and even celebrated Dad's 70th birthday on Friday night at his favorite buffet :)  Dad, I hope you had a great birthday and enjoyed your 10% discounted meal hehe - I love you Poppy Seed!

The rest of the weekend has been spent gearing up for the...wait for it...END OF THE SEMESTER!!!  Hooray!!!  This is my last week of classes...and then come the exams...crazy!!!!  Anyway, I LOVED this little break for Thanksgiving but am SOOO looking forward to a real break over Christmas :) :) :)  Speaking of which, today Seth and I took time to decorate the house for the Holidays and we are officially ready :)

Seth putting up the tree <3

Well, like I said, this next two weeks is gonna be pretty crazy with the end of the semester looming ahead, so I just figured I'd take on last second to tell you all how thankful I am for each and every one of you! While I hope you know every day how much you mean to me, the Holiday season (which for me begins with turkey and last til January!) is an especially important time for me to remind you all how grateful I am to have the amazing family and friends I have been blessed with - so thank you for being YOU...I love you all!!!  :) 

1 comment:

Munchy's Mama said...

Ditto! (o=

Best of luck on your exams! I'm sure you'll do well.

And LOVE the picture of your lil' Poppy Seed...if that doesn't sum up a great Thanksgiving, then I don't know what does!