Search This Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy Birthday...to Me :)

Hi there everyone!  Hope this finds you well...it certainly finds me very happy and loved (and TIRED!)  This has been an AMAZING week!  First things first, work and school were great this week (some good stories from Court especially!) and I continued the interviewing process in an attempt to find a summer associate position for next summer...and the best Birthday present came (early!) on Friday morning when I got a call from a partner at Patton Boggs LLP offering me a slot in their 2012 Summer Associate Program!!!  I couldn't be happier: the firm has offices around the country/world but I will be able to stay in DC, they do a lot of policy work (which is perfect for my interests), and its a well known/respected firm and I am thrilled to be a part of it!!!  Thanks for all the crossed fingers and prayers - it paid off!!!

With work plans lined up for next summer, the weekend stage was set for fun, fun, fun!  On Friday, Seth and I went to dinner with Brooke and Matt at DC 901.  It was deeeeelish and I enjoyed every single bite :)  On Saturday, we got up and met Amy and Meghan at Level One for a brunch with unlimited Mimosas :)  They made me feel so special - cake, flowers, and love!  Following brunch (and a nap!) we headed over to my friend Tensie's for a joint birthday dinner/party with her and a bunch of law school friends.  We had a blast and danced the night away :)

My beautiful flowers :)

Tensie and I at Madam's Organ celebrating!

Today, on my actual birthday, we got up and ate some homemade breakfast (thanks to Mister Seth!) before heading to Pentagon City to meet Mom, Dad, and Carol for lunch and shopping :)  We had a good time (as usual), and I was showered with love (and gifts), and even got some nice new threads (thanks Mom!)  I guess my old age has caught up with me, because by the end of the afternoon, I was pooped and ready to go home to rest :) 

A bird's eye view of Mom, Dad, and Carol at the mall!

I'm not OCD, I'm CDO :)

Well, like I said earlier, my old age has gotten to me and I need to get some shuteye soon (I need beauty rest to keep me looking somewhat young hehe!) But before I go to bed, I want
to thank you all so much for making my day so special and helping me feel so loved...my birthday wouldn't have been the same without you :)  Much love until the next time!



2 comments:

Munchy's Mama said...

Happy Birtday to our CDO boy! (:

Linze Kate said...

Glad it was a good on - happy birthday, birthday boy! :)
*muah*