Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Brandon Roman, Attorney at Law...sort of...

Well, I sure have been quite the slacker lately...and I'm not even in school yet!?!?  While not the most exciting, these past two weeks of being blogless have been pretty busy though...not that it's an excuse to be MIA, but still...I guess it kind of kicked in that I only had two more weeks to get 'er done so I've been running around finishing up everything and enjoying my last little bit of freedom!  When I think about it, I'm honestly really not quite sure where the time all went...I hope that time doesn't pass that fast in school cause I might not be able to get all my work done if it does...and I know some of you are counting on me to get my degree and represent you when your shenanigans go awry so I better get it done :-O

Anyway, amongst all my 'piddling' these past few weeks, I have actually gotten a lot done and had some fun in the process!  The apartment is now (almost) finally ready, so pics are coming soon.  I've also been really lucky to have spent the past three weekends with my family (and seeing as I will have no life starting in 36 hours, I'm glad I got to see them now).  Two weeks ago I went with my mom, Aunt Carol, and Uncle Skeeter (no Seth due to a conflict with his busy work schedule - frowny face) to Pittsburgh for a Colorado Rockie's baseball game.  My cousin Chrys' husband Tom is one of their coaches so he got us all tickets and we had a really fun weekend root, root, rooting for the away team ;-)

Mom, me, and Uncle Skeeter at PNC Field in Pittsburgh.
The and last weekend have been nice as well with Seth and I trekking down to good old Fredericksburg and spending Saturday nights at my mom's to visit and get in some brownie points before I go into hiding in the law library this fall.  Speaking of which...I have actually already officially begun the transition from a summer of fun to a fall of studying!!!  We had orientation this past Thursday and Friday and already have readings and assignments due on our first day of class...which made me realize that we aren't in Kansas (or Provo for that matter) anymore...yikes!  It was really nice to have some guidance as to what to expect though and help get back in school mode.  I've been really nervous with the start of school looming ahead since I've been out of school for a year, but after going through orientation, getting myself all ready with books and such, and even getting a thumbs up from my professor for asking a good question during orientation, I feel like I'm ready to rock it and start this next part of our journey!!!

Me outside my new school!

Just wanted to leave a big thanks here to my family, friends, and of course Mista Seth for all of your love and support!  Although the past two weeks haven't been SUPER exciting, I promise to do better about blogging (although I can't promise it will be super interesting...unless you find torts or contracts to be exhilarating haha!) and keeping you all in the loop!  Much love until next week (and hopefully I will have gotten at least some sleep and be coherent enough to write again)  and please wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Munchy's Mama said...

OOOH, look how cute you look at your new school!! (sniff-sniff) I love that you are on the road to becoming an attourney (for the sake of your kin the Odoyle's) and I love that you have an Uncle Skeeter (o=

Love-love-LOVE you and BEST-BEST-BEST of luck this semester!! I know you'll be great!!